Beth West Photography - Issue Three


Hello.

Ok, so I have been AWOL a little while, and I do apologise for that.  It is good to have a little time to catch you all up.

This issue cover picture was taken today.  The dress is from Erratic, and the background is from Minimal.  Both are available at events, the dress is at Access and the backdrop is from Equal10.

The model is one of my model avatars called Jenny.  She has been busy recently as she provides a good contrast to Beth.  I have a few models up my sleeve, and usually just create as I go.  I have had a few requests from friends to photograph them recently, and as I always say... come to me with an idea and let's make it happen.

My spicy site has seen a few updates (Spicy Beth), and I have also been posting some short written kinky scenes on there.  They are not quite short stories, as they are not long enough, but are like sketchbooks from my brain.

My fashion/editorial page (Sane Beth) has a number of new photos on as well.  Recently I have been experimenting with the depth of field settings in Black Dragon.  Read below for more on that.

As always, I love you all, and thanks for your support.  Tell your friends about me, if they book a shoot and they mention they know you then... I will offer them my sympathies lol.


Depth of Field

I could write an entire blog about Depth of Field, what it is, how it works in real cameras, etc... and you would all be bored out of your minds.

But as the above shot hopefully demonstrates, it does two things, it makes the background blury, and makes the subject stand out a bit more.

It adds a sense of realism to your photos, which I like.  In Firestorm it can be accessed via Phototools.  You will see a few options in the settings for DoF.  The main ones to play with to get an effect is the foccal distance and the F number.  These settings will dictate the amount of blur.

Be warned, both Black Dragon and Firestorm have something you need to take into consideration.  Well, a couple of things.  One, once you turn on DoF, your frame rate will take a hit and your computer may start to sound like it is primed for take off.

The other thing is for those of you who take high resolution photos.  You need to compensate for this, and by that I mean you need to add mroe blue to see an impact.  For a long time I thought it just didn't work, until someone was kind enough to tell me that.


Explorations

I finally started exploring Second Life a bit more.  You should check out the Destination Guide and see Second Life.  You find some awesome places.



Comments

Popular Posts